- Meet endangered wildlife.
- Drive on a night forest with a knowledgeable guide.
Many of the rare animals inhabiting Amami Oshima Island are nocturnal. Let’s go in search of unique animals such as the Amami Rabbit, Amami woodcock, and Amami Ishikawa’s Frog, which can only be found in this region. Why are these animals rare? It’s because some species have already become extinct in other areas and are currently surviving only on Amami Oshima, while others have evolved distinctively in the isolated and unique environment of the island. Let’s embark on a night forest drive with a knowledgeable guide.
We will explain some important guidelines and information.
The nighttime forest is home to rera wildlife. Let’s look for a variety of wildlife together.
At a glance
|Duration||3 hours ~ (2 hours Activity + transfer)|
|Price||1 Adult (13+) ¥9,500|
1 Child (5~12) ¥4,500
1 Infant (~4) ¥1,000
Single person ¥16,300
|Max number of participants||6 people|
|What to bring||Shoes, Towel, Drink|
|Payment||Cash / Credit card|
- Qualified English Interpreter Guide
- Registered Amami Oshima eco-tour guide
- Round-trip transfers to the hotel.
- Domestic Travel Accident and Damage Compensation Insurance for Accidents during the Tour
- Complete Set of Equipment for the Experience
- The pick-up time will be determined based on sunset.
- The wildlife observed during this tour may vary depending on the weather conditions and other factors of the day.
- Please understand that this tour involves a leisurely drive while searching for wildlife and observing them from the vehicle. It is not a hiking tour in the forest at night.
- If you venture outside the vehicle, there is a risk of snake bites. Please always follow the guide’s instructions.
It is conducted in rainy weather. However, if heavy rain or various warnings are issued, we will assess the situation and there may be cases where it is canceled.
Habu snakes are nocturnal creatures, and extra caution is required during the night. Please always follow the guide’s instructions and and avoid getting off without permission.
If you are prone to motion sickness, it is advisable to bring your own medication.
- 3 days prior : 50% refund
- 2 days prior : No refund (100% cancellation fee)
- 1 day prior : No refund (100% cancellation fee)
- On the day of the tour : No refund (100% cancellation fee)