Notice: Due to landslides caused by heavy rain, we are currently not accepting tours. Please consider “Half-Day Mt.Yuwandake and Materia Waterfall Excursion” to Mt.Yuwandake.
- Climb the crucial World Heritage site, Mt. Yuwandake.
- Visit the unique scenery created by water and plants.
- Spending a day at Mt. Yuwandake helps us understand the biodiversity of this mountain.
Explore the magnificent Mt. Yuwandake, the most significant area for World Heritage on Amami-Oshima Island. This remarkable location is home to unique flora and fauna found nowhere else in the world. By venturing to this site and embarking on a guided tour, you will uncover the reasons that make Mt.Yuwandake so exceptional. Immerse yourself in the breathtaking scenery shaped by water and vegetation, and walk through the mist-covered trails of Mt.Yuwandake, experiencing the enchanting forests of AmamiOshima Island.
At the beginning of the tour, we will learn about the Habu snake.
Visit the colony of birds nest fern, an extraordinary sight found only here.
The trekking begins from 7th station of Mt.Yuwandake. We will walk along the mountain trail for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. In the core area of the UNESCO World Heritage site, you can encounter a wide variety of flora and fauna.
Let’s take in the panoramic views from the observation deck. We will have lunch here.
We will make our way back.
Visit the mystical waterfall.
At a glance
|Duration||7 hours ~ (4 hours Activity + transfer)|
|Price||1 Adult (13+) ¥18,000|
1 Child ¥8,000
Single person ¥32,000
|Max number of participants||6 people|
|What to bring||Hat or Cap, Shoes, Sandals, Towel, Drink, Sunscreen, Bug spray|
|Payment||Cash / Credit card|
- Qualified English Interpreter Guide
- Registered Amami Oshima eco-tour guide
- Round-trip transfers to the hotel.
- Domestic Travel Accident and Damage Compensation Insurance for Accidents during the Tour
- Your pick-up time varies depending on your accommodation location. We will inform you of the pick-up time after your booking is confirmed.
- Lunch will be provided lunch box. Please let us know in advance if you have any allergies or food restrictions.
- Mt.Yuwandake receives a significant amount of rainfall, with approximately 80% of tour days are rainy or cloudy. Kindly understand and be prepared to walk in the rain.
- The trekking destination is a shrine with an observation deck. Please understand that access to the summit, located a few hundred meters ahead, is prohibited to preserve the natural environment.
It is conducted in rainy weather. However, if heavy rain or various warnings are issued, we will assess the situation and there may be cases where it is canceled.
Yes, we will be walking on the mountain trail. Please make sure to wear proper shoes and long pants.
While daytime is not the active period for Habu snakes, it’s important to exercise caution while walking. Please always follow the guide’s instructions.
- 3 days prior : 50% refund
- 2 days prior : No refund (100% cancellation fee)
- 1 day prior : No refund (100% cancellation fee)
- On the day of the tour : No refund (100% cancellation fee)